About White Goat Press
Bringing Yiddish works to English readers.
White Goat Press, the Yiddish Book Center’s imprint, is committed to bringing newly translated work to the widest readership possible. We publish work in all genres—novels, short stories, drama, poetry, memoirs, essays, reportage, children’s literature, plays, and popular fiction, including romance and detective stories.
Editions are published as hardcover, paperback, and ebooks.
White Goat Press Titles
- The I.L. Peretz Reader, by Isaac Leybush Peretz, translated by Hillel Halkin. Purchase a copy of The I.L. Peretz Reader.
- Meant to Be and Other Stories, by Shira Gorshman, translated by Faith Jones. Purchase a copy of Meant to Be and Other Stories.
- The Forgotten Singer: The Exiled Sister of I.J. and Isaac Bashevis Singer, by Maurice Carr. Purchase a copy of The Forgotten Singer: The Exiled Sister of I.J. and Isaac Bashevis Singer.
- In the Land of the Postscript: The Complete Short Stories of Chava Rosenfarb, translated by Goldie Morgentaler. Purchase a copy of In the Land of the Postscript: The Complete Short Stories of Chava Rosenfarb.
- Sholem Asch: Underworld Trilogy, translated by Caraid O’Brien. Purchase a copy of Sholem Asch: Underworld Trilogy.
- From a Bird’s Cage to a Thin Branch: The Selected Poems of Yosef Kerler, translated by Maia Evrona. Purchase a copy of From a Bird’s Cage to a Thin Branch: The Selected Poems of Yosef Kerler.
- Montage: Works by Debora Vogel, translated by Anastasiya Lyubas. Purchase a copy of Montage: Works by Debora Vogel
- The Glatstein Chronicles by Jacob Glatstein, translated by Maier Deshell and Norbert Guterman. Purchase a copy of The Glatstein Chronicles.
- Dineh: An Autobiographical Novel by Ida Maze, translated by Yermiyahu Ahron Taub, 2022. Purchase a copy of Dineh. Watch the trailer for the book on Vimeo.
- Glass Plates of Lublin, edited by Aaron Lansky, Piotr Nazaruk, and Lisa Newman, 2022. Purchase a copy of Glass Plates of Lublin.
- Sutzkever Essential Prose by Avrom Sutzkever, translated by Zackary Sholem Berger, 2020. Purchase a copy of Sutzkever Essential Prose.
- Seeds in the Desert by Mendel Mann, translated by Heather Valencia, 2019. Purchase a copy of Seeds in the Desert.
- Warsaw Stories by Hersh Dovid Nomberg, translated by Daniel Kennedy, 2019. Purchase a copy of Warsaw Stories.
- In eynem: The New Yiddish Textbook by Asya Vaisman Schulman, Jordan Brown, and Mikhl Yashinsky, 2020. Purchase a copy of In eynem.
- Isaac Bashevis Singer's Writings on Yiddish and Yiddishkayt: The War Years, 1939–1945, edited and translated by David Stromberg (vol. one of a three vol. edition)
- Rokhl Auerbach's Warsaw Testament, translated by Sam Kassow
- Journey Through the Spanish Civil War by S.L. Shneiderman, translated by Deborah Green
- Two Feelings by Celia Dropkin, translated by Anita Norich
- My Childhood Years: A Memoir by Peretz Hirshbein, translated by Leonard Wolf
- The Adventures of Max Spitzkopf, Yiddish Sherlock Holmes by Jonas Kreppel, translated by Mikhl Yashinsky
- In the Course of Life: A Memoir by Peretz Hirshbein, translated by Ellen Perecman
White Goat Press publishes Yiddish literature newly translated into English. We publish work by both well-known and previously neglected Yiddish writers, and we consider all genres.
White Goat Press accepts unsolicited manuscripts on a rolling basis. We review submissions twice per year: in the fall and in the spring. Manuscripts can be submitted through the manuscript submissions webform. For questions, contact Jeff Hayes, manager of publishing and book programs.
Each year the Yiddish Book Center awards a small number of grants to publishers bringing out new works of Yiddish literature in English translation. Find out more about our grants for publishers.