About the Steiner Summer Yiddish Program
June 2–July 19, 2024
Now in its fourth decade, the Steiner Summer Yiddish Program offers motivated students the opportunity to immerse themselves in Yiddish language and culture. Participants study with renowned scholars and build a community of yidishkayt in a supportive residential setting.
In the Steiner Summer Yiddish Program, undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates ages 18-29:
- take a full year of language courses in seven weeks, tuition-free
- gain substantive knowledge of Central and Eastern European Jewish history and culture in seminars with leading scholars of literature, film, music, and history
- earn up to six college credits upon successful completion of the program
- attend the Yiddish Book Center’s Yidstock: The Festival of New Yiddish Music
- participate in paid internships, gaining professional experience working on Yiddish-based projects (intermediate-level students only)
- create a community of peers from around the world in a residential environment
If you or someone you know are considering applying, please keep the following dates in mind:
- February 5, 2024: Applications are due (including all supporting material)
- March 12, 2024: Admission decisions are sent out
The Steiner Summer Yiddish Program is made possible through the generosity of David and Sylvia Steiner and a small group of additional sponsors.