Applications for the 2020 Steiner Summer Yiddish Program are now open. Applications are due February 10, 2020.
The Steiner Summer Yiddish Program is open to students between the ages of 18 and 26 who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate (at least one year completed) or graduate program. Recent college graduates who are applying or planning to apply to graduate programs are also eligible.
Applications must include:
- The webform below
- A written statement, 3-5 paragraphs in length
- A video statement, no longer than 2 minutes
- Official academic transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- A Yiddish essay (for intermediate applicants; see details at the end of the form below)
Please have your two recommenders email their letters to [email protected].
Please have your university (or universities) send official transcripts to [email protected] OR mail or fax them directly to us at:
Yiddish Book Center
Attn: Steiner Summer Yiddish Program
1021 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002
Our online form now allows you to save a draft of your application. Click the “save draft” button at the bottom of the page, enter your e-mail, and you’ll be sent a personalized link to return to your draft at any time.