The Yiddish Book Center offers meaningful and challenging positions, a warm, friendly atmosphere, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We are seeking applicants for the following positions (see details below):
The Steiner Summer Yiddish Program seeks a 2/3 time Teaching Assistant to facilitate a comfortable, fun, and intellectually stimulating Yiddish-speaking environment for 18 college students and assist with teaching duties in an online intensive summer program in Yiddish language and culture. The Steiner Summer Yiddish Program runs May 30-July 16, 2021.
- mark all homework, tutor students one-on-one or in small groups as needed, and substitute teach as needed for the beginners’ class. If desired, regular guest teaching can be arranged in advance with the instructor.
- attend study hall to help students with assignments as needed and to answer any questions.
- attend weekly social hours to facilitate conversation among students about Yiddish culture.
- attend occasional Yiddish social events.
- advanced Yiddish language skills
- good organizational and interpersonal skills
- maturity, flexibility, sense of humor
- familiarity with Yiddish Book Center
- knowledge of modern Jewish culture and Jewish community
Compensation: $2300 stipend
Send to: Gretchen Fiordalice, director of education administration, [email protected].
- Send resume or CV, including Yiddish language background, and a cover letter that addresses why you want to work in the Steiner Summer Yiddish Program, and
- Submit a 3-4 paragraph (1-page max) writing sample in Yiddish
- Have two professional references (current or former supervisors) send their letters of recommendation directly to Gretchen, [email protected]
If you have questions, email Gretchen at [email protected] or call 413-256-4900 ext.#103.